Saudi doctors remove lightbulb that spent 11 years inside man’s stomach

Saudi doctors were shocked to discover a lightbulb inside a patient’s stomach during surgery. The bulb had been inside the man for 11 years, after he swallowed it as a child.

A 21-year-old Asian man went to the emergency department at Prince Saud bin Jalawi Hospital in the eastern al-Ahsa, complaining of severe nausea, abdominal pain, high fever and fatigue, al Weeam reports.

After doctors carried out a number of examinations, a CT scan revealed a mysterious object his stomach.

— SwarTz Mooha (@CyberAnonymous)

 

The man was taken to surgery, where doctors made the shocking discovery that the object was actually a lightbulb, Al Arabiya reports.

Read Also  International Day of Reflection on the Genocide in Rwanda: Preventing Further Genocide and Supporting Survivors in Syria

He later told doctors he had swallowed the lightbulb when he was 10 years old. Surprisingly, the lightbulb appears to have been well-preserved in the man’s intestines over the last decade.

The patient is in good health and will be monitored in hospital for a few days.

 

— Shaun Ahern (@ShaunAhern)

Leave a Reply

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Skip to toolbar